While it might be a bit early to start packing your trunks (but hey, whatever gets you through!), spring is always a good time to reset and refresh. Here are our best tips for staying organized and getting your family ready for summer:
- Roll Call: even though you may not be thinking about bathing suits and shorts just yet, now is the best time to go through your closets and see what you’re working with. Put on some tunes, play dress up, have a summer party indoors!
- Go to Your Room: designate a room or area in your house that will be the “summer” room. Put all the trunks and gear in there so it doesn’t clutter your child’s room. Soon you will start visiting it to dream of warmer months…
- Wish I May: when your eager campers are yearning for the summer, have them make a wish-list of things they want this year. Create the perfect care package months ahead of time!
- Mission CAMP-possible: set goals for your family of when to make lists, go shopping, and pack up the trunks. A calendar will keep you organized and crossing off the days will keep the kids energized!
- Talk it Out: make sure the whole squad is on the same page. Even though this part isn’t physically cleaning anything, having your family discuss questions or concerns opens up a space for kids to feel comfortable and excited about the adventure ahead.
You are so ready to take this on – enjoy it! Now only three months to go…
Summer 365 Counselors