Welcome, to the beginning of a beautiful friendship… Summer 365 and Lester’s have paired up to help you create the perfect summer for your child, so get excited, because we definitely are! Summer 365 is the go-to, free advisory service when searching for the perfect summer program for your child or teen. As moms and former campers, we have already done the research, and have first-hand knowledge of the top sleepaway camps, trips, and travel throughout the country and around the world. With us as your guides, you can rest assured that you will find the perfect experience for your child – and have fun while doing it!
We have been dreaming of this match-made-in-summer-heaven from the beginning, because we savvy moms and campers know that Lester’s is the place to be during those ten months when you are preparing (and shopping) for two. We are thrilled to join in the ranks of our summer lovin’ friends, and bring you the best of the best – from packing tips and visiting day gifts, to bunk décor and some educational fun, Summer 365 and Lester’s know the ins and outs of the summer camp industry. Think of us as your own, personal insider’s guide to everything camp. We are here to help you navigate through our favorite season of the year with tips, trends, and fun interviews that celebrate everything summer! With our combined years of experience, and our wide range of specialties, we will make sure that your child has the summer of a lifetime.
Tune in for awesome contests, fun facts, and must-know advice from your new summer counselors to make summer 2015 the BEST. SUMMER. EVER. And coming up, we will be offering our readers and shoppers an exclusive sweepstakes! One lucky winner is going to spend their summer in style… stay tuned and check back in next week for deets!
We are so excited it’s camp shopping season (don’t forget to book your camp shopping appointments)! Getting goodies to decorate your bunk is one of the most exciting parts, and we can’t wait to join in the fun with you. To kick things off, here are our top ten ways to make your camper’s bunk their home away from home!!
Uptown bunk you up, uptown bunk you up! Cause uptown bunk goin’ give it to you! Don’t believe us just watch.
1. Bring your favorite pictures from home – a wall collage or even a photo-pillow will make your space familiar and fun, and it’s something to share with your new camp BFFs!
2. Choose bedding that states your personality and makes you feel happy in your own space. Your bunk is going to be the ultimate hot spot to hang, so fill it with the cushiest pillows, rugs, and blankets.
3. Don’t forget your favorite pillow or stuffed animal to sleep with – everyone does it, you’ll see!
4. A cozy sweatshirt from dad or mom’s signature perfume sprayed on a pillow will give you the ultimate comfort in times of homesickness.
5. Fat Heads of your favorite teams and players, or posters of your ultimate celebrity crushes are a great way connect… who knows, maybe your bunkmate is obsessed with Ariana Grande or Nick Jonas too!
6. Pump up the music! IPOD or NANO (whatever your camp allows) and Speakers in the bunk to play your favorite tunes are essential… and for those hot days in the pool? Water speakers! Can anyone say pool party?! We are SO there!
7. Rest hour is the best hour, right?! Good books (get in that summer reading!) and fun magazines with interactive quizzes are a great way to kick back and relax with your buds.
8. Your friends from home are probably having a great summer too – write to them! Gather the letters you get back and hang them up, share with your camp friends, or make into a fun scrapbook collection.
9. No food allowed in the bunks, obviously… but decorate your bed with tons of delicious decorative pillows in the shape of your favorite food or candies.
10. Jacks, jacks, and more jacks… well, maybe there are other games too. But bring your favorite game into the bunk (Uno, Banangrams, Mad Libs) for those rainy days and laid-back nights. Bonding over the silliest things will become your best memories.
Special number 11: Tell us your tips on making a bunk your home away from home! What made your summers amazing — share it with us! We’re decorating our own Summer 365 HCO with pics of your creative summer ideas, so tag us on Instagram and Twitter with #Summer365, and follow our summer journey on Facebook!
Welcome to our world, where summer isn’t a season – it’s a lifestyle, and we are planning for it 365 days a year!