Summer 265 HQ is bundled up today! Even though it’s supposed to be spring, we are enjoying a major snow day here in NYC. And even in this spring storm, we are finding ways to prepare for summer… If you’re stuck indoors today too, plan some activities to keep your campers happy in the bunk:
the blog of Summer 365
While it might be a bit early to start packing your trunks (but hey, whatever gets you through!), spring is always a good time to reset and refresh. Here are our best tips for staying organized and getting your family ready for summer:
- Roll Call: even though you may not be thinking about bathing suits and shorts just yet, now is the best time to go through your closets and see what you’re working with. Put on some tunes, play dress up, have a summer party indoors!
- Go to Your Room: designate a room or area in your house that will be the “summer” room. Put all the trunks and gear in there so it doesn’t clutter your child’s room. Soon you will start visiting it to dream of warmer months…
- Wish I May: when your eager campers are yearning for the summer, have them make a wish-list of things they want this year. Create the perfect care package months ahead of time!
- Mission CAMP-possible: set goals for your family of when to make lists, go shopping, and pack up the trunks. A calendar will keep you organized and crossing off the days will keep the kids energized!
- Talk it Out: make sure the whole squad is on the same page. Even though this part isn’t physically cleaning anything, having your family discuss questions or concerns opens up a space for kids to feel comfortable and excited about the adventure ahead.
You are so ready to take this on – enjoy it! Now only three months to go…
Summer 365 Counselors
The Summer 365 Counselors, our team of experts, know the ins and outs of everything summer camp-and-trip related, and we have hands-on experience that Siri and Alexa just can’t fake.
February may be the month of love, but we just can’t stop thinking about summer!
Here are the 5 reasons we love summer, and the camps, trips, and tours that come with it:
- Smells like camp spirit: time to reconnect, recharge, and make lifelong friends
- Oh, the places they’ll go: traveling builds confidence, trust, and curiosity
- Do good, feel good: community service trips and charities at camp make summer a meaningful experience for everyone
- Schools out for summer: (but learning still happens!) skills like sportsmanship and teamwork become second nature
- Give the gift of summer: don’t forget, you are giving your child the experience of a lifetime, so enjoy it!
Spread the summer love, and follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Summer 365 Counselors
Valentine’s Day is all about showing the most important people in your life how much you love them! While you and your camp friends might be miles apart…you will always be together at heart. So browse below and find all of Summer 365’s best ideas on how to show the (camp) love.